Fortune Bay Resources is a trusted exporter of seaborne traded Iron Ore, Metals, Logs and Coal across the world.
We are focused on running business in a safe, efficient, responsible and sustainable manner.
Fortune Bay Resources is a third-party agency who helps to ensure our customers get the quantities and qualities of products they require in a secure, reliable and timely manner from our suppliers.
We have a team of traders who specialize in trading iron ore, having over decades of experience in the iron ore industry, we have strong relationships with our suppliers and customers.
We trade the whole spectrum of iron ore products and grades. With origination teams in all the main exporting countries, we use our extensive international network to connect specific buyers with particular grades of stock. We source cost competitive supplies through our close relationships with the major suppliers and provide support for exporting concerns. Our sales teams in Singapore have strong contacts with steel mills and local trading houses.
Uses of Iron Ore
- One of the world’s most widely used metals, iron is primarily used to make steel – often in conjunction with ferroalloys.
- Structural steel and steel reinforcing bar – known as rebar – are often used in buildings and bridges.
- Stainless steel, meanwhile, has countless uses, from construction and vehicles to cutlery, cookware and domestic appliances.
We have a team of traders in Mainland China who specializes in trading of Metals. We have garnered and maintained strong relationships with our suppliers and customers.
Uses of Nickel
- Nickel is mainly used to make stainless steel: it adds strength and corrosion resistance to the steel and is also used in types of steel designed to be less magnetic. It is also used for nickel plating.
- With its ability to handle high temperatures, nickel features in specialty steels and superalloys, used for example in jet engines.
- Nickel compounds are used in batteries – increasingly so in the powerful batteries used in electric vehicles.
Uses of Copper
- Copper has a vast range of household and industrial uses.
- Its superior electrical conductivity makes it ideal for electronics, such as wiring and computer connections; and its ability to heat up and cool down quickly makes it ideal for heat exchange applications such as air conditioners.
- The metal is easily recycled, and also used in renewable energy technologies such as solar cells and electric vehicles – so it has a vital role to play in a sustainable future.
- Copper’s antimicrobial properties also help infection control in hospitals and care environments.
We physically source logs and timber from producers to customers worldwide with Asia making up most of our customer base.
Uses of Logs
- Logs are mostly used for firewood.
- Logs are popular for decorating buildings such as cabins and homes.
- Logs are often offcuts from Timber that has trimmed to match a particular size.
Uses of Timber
- Timber is the most important element of making a furniture. It is also extensively used in the production of beams and planks.
- Timber is more often in demand as it has a greater usage such as making building material and furniture.
We have a team of traders who are specialized in trading coal, having over decades of experience in the coal industry, we have strong relationships with our suppliers and customers.
Coal is an important part of our global commodity portfolio. We focus on ensuring the quality of each product for our customers to get it in a secure, reliable and timely manner.
- It has a lower energy content and higher moisture and is used to generate electricity.
- It has a higher energy content and lower moisture and is used to make iron, steel and other metals.